Calling the Texas Grassroots Army: All hands on deck, today! This cannot wait!
The State Budget Conference Committee is still meeting to resolve the budget differences before the budget goes back to both the House and the Senate to be voted on. Agreement has not yet been reached.
Gov. Abbott has insisted the Conferees add back to the budget these items, which are opposed by a majority of the conservative grassroots groups:
$236 million for Abbott’s “high quality” prekindergarten initiative, taken out of schools’ basic funding
$16 million for Abbott’s university scholar recruitment program
$86 million for Abbott’s Texas Enterprise Fund & $22 million for Film & Music Industry incentives (Corporate Welfare)
Total: $360 million!
Our pro-life wins in the House are also in jeopardy of being removed!
Please weigh in right now by telling the Budget Conferees you want the following:
1) Eliminate state funding for abortion providers & affiliates (i.e. Planned Parenthood)
2) Fund alternatives to abortion at the full $38.3 million for two years
3) No raid on the Rainy Day Fund or Transportation funds!
4) Fully defund the Enterprise Fund (Corporate Welfare)
5) Fully defund Film & Music subsidies (Corporate Welfare)
6) Ensure 24 full payments to the Permanent School Fund – no budget gimmick here!
7) Don’t rob basic school funding for new Pre-K programs.
Even if you don’t agree with all of these points, pick those you do and contact the Budget Conference Committee members ASAP! If you wait, it may be too late & then we’ll be faced with trying to defeat the budget – which is MORE difficult!
Take Action – Step 1: Contact the Conference Committee members below
Take Action – Step 2: Contact your own State Rep & State Senator with this same message! Let them know exactly what you think about these budget items! If they get enough calls, they will weigh in with the Conference Committee too!
Thank you, Mighty Texas Grassroots Army!